Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Child's View of Thunderstorms

I received this in an email this morning and I felt I had to pass it along. I needed this today......



A little girl walked to and from school daily.
Though the weather that morning was questionable and clouds were forming, she made her daily trek to the elementary school.


As the afternoon progressed, the winds whipped up, along with lightning. The mother of the little girl felt concerned that her daughter would be frightened as she walked home from school and she feared the electrical storm might harm her child.


Full of concern, the mother quickly got into her car and drove along the route to her child's school.


As she did, she saw her little girl walking along.


At each flash of lightning, the child would stop, look up, and smile. Another and another flash of lighting followed quickly and with each, the little girl would look at the streak of light and smile.


When the mother's car drew up beside the child, she lowered the window and called to her 'What are you doing?'

The child answered, 'I am trying to look pretty because God keeps taking my picture.'

May God bless you today and everyday as you face the storms that come your way.

9 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thank you for sharing this story, what a beautiful way to look at the lightning.

Anonymous said...

I really like that. Thank you for sharing it! My son is 13 and still afraid of storms, I'm going to tell him this story. He may want to choke me is I let his secret out.
And thank you for all of your kind words today! I appreciate them!

mommy boo of two said...

How cute is that?! Thank you for sharing :)

Molly Green said...

That's adorable!

Thanks for the sweet compliment on my blog. :-)

Judy said...

I like that story. From the mouth of children.

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Wow, I love this post. How did you know this was exactly what I needed to hear today????
I don't know how you found me but I'm glad you did!
Thank you for sharing all of these great tips...I must have spent hours here so far! I love it!!!
everything vintage

Mommy of Many said...

loved this! I guess its all in how we perceive things to be. Thanks for stopping by!

Kathleen said...

Oh my goodness...to cute and sweet!!

~~Mel~~ said...

What a great way to think of storms! Very cute story, thank you so much for sharing.