Wednesday, June 17, 2009

CVS, Walgreens, and Walmart Finally

As many of you know my girls play travel softball, my youngest plays league also, and my oldest also plays high school basketball, which they stay very busy with in June. So I have felt very overwhelmed lately.
Missing the good deals I have been posting about, my coupon binder was a mess, and since I am doing this to try and save money, well I wasn't. So Monday night I stayed up late organizing my coupons and my lists.

It had to be done. Coupons were expiring and I was getting fast food way to often. So I went shopping last night.

Stop #1 CVS:




I think I did very well. I had $5 ECB to spend and coupons for everything so my total OOP was $9.96 and I earned $8 ECB for later.

Stop #2 Walgreens:

I did pretty well here too. My Register Rewards would not work for my next purchase and they would not accept one coupon but still my total OOP was $24.09 with $11 in RR to spend later.

I saved $49.46 in coupons, and sales. I think this is awesome. I would also like to mention the manager came over to the register last night when the RR would not work and commented that since I was saving so much anyway, I had no right to complain. Hello? Just because I use coupons you do not have to be rude to me.

And finally..... Walmart:




I am not a regular Walmart shopper, I prefer Kroger but I had not been in awhile and we all know there are great deals to be had if you look.

So....... what do you think I spent? Before coupons.... $94.79 and after coupons..... $57.21.

I was very excited, I had to buy dog food so that alone was $12.28, so all and all I save well over $110 last night. I love coupons.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

great deals!!!!

Sandra said...

nice job!

Pricousins said...

you did great!

Victoria said...

Sweet!!!! You did great!

Night Owl Mama said...

Woooooooooo Whoooooooo I have to go shopping with you. Great job

Unknown said...

Have you tried those Purex sheets yet? They are SO wonderful! I'm stocking up on them at Walgreens, they seem to be a better deal there than CVS. A part of me still thinks they'll get cheaper but the deals don't seem to be quite as good lately w/ the awful economy. Still, less than $3 for laundry detergent is awesome in my book!

Mel said...

Nice job using coupons to save!