Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tightwad Tuesday


This weeks subject..... Yard Sales
I had a rather successful yard sale a couple off weeks ago so I wanted to share some tips.
  • First advertise and try to get the neighbors in on the act. 2 other families in my neighborhood had sales the same weekend as I did so we all had more foot traffic.
  • Second let your child have a lemonade stand or sell baked goods. This way they are a part of the sale and they can make a little money too.
  • Third think cheap. I don't like to haggle with my yard sale customers. So if they want me to take less I usually say no.
  • Last pay on donating all your leftovers. I had this in mind with my last yard sale. The 'nothing goes back in the house' attitude. So when a junk dealer came by at the end of my sale and offered me $25 to pack it up an haul everything off I was thrilled.

3 comments:

shelley said...

hey there,
thank you so much for stopping by! you sure have a LOT of great deals going on here.. i will have to spend some time looking over everything. we have attempted to have a few yard sales, i psych myself out and then in the end give a ton away.. i'm a sucker!lol anyhow... i wanted to invite you to stop by my other blog... http://iamstillstandingafterallthistime.blogspot.com and pick up my linky button for "meeting the mouse monday" after seeing your lil cute icon pic i thought maybe you'd want to join in and do a post on a monday put use the button to link back... everyone enjoys stories of there travels to see the "mouse" lol stop by and say "hi" anytime!
hugs,
shelley

Cat @ 3 Kids and Us said...

We have our first neighborhood garage sale coming up next weekend. I love the tip about letting kids sell too. Our son would probably love to do that.

nikkicrumpet said...

Great advice. I love that you were able to sell it all at the end. I wish someone would come haul all my stuff away without having to have the yardsale!