Thursday, January 21, 2010

4 - H Cookies

My youngest made cookies last night for a 4-H
project at school. These cookies must be made from
scratch. To make things more fun, her teacher encourages
the kids to make 30 or more cookies and then they sell them
to each other in using a barter and trade system.

After school yesterday she was busy looking through
cookbooks for a recipe. She called me at work to ask me
to pick up self rising flour (please don't judge, I did have
all purpose, I just don't cook from scratch often, LOL)
Above she is mixing the second batch of cookies.



Well, here they are....

Cinnamon Sugar Cookies don't they look yummy.

She changed the recipe just slightly by using a slight amount of

cinnamon in the dough and sprinkling them with cinnamon sugar.

She made these without any help from me and

I have to say they were wonderful.

Cinnamon Sugar Cookies

1/2 c. Crisco

1 c. sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 tsp cinnamon

2 c self - rising flour

Sugar (to sprinkle on top)

Cinnamon Sugar (to sprinkle on top)

Mix, Cook on greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees.

Sprinkle tops with sugar & cinnamon sugar while hot.

19 comments:

Sherrie said...

They sure do look yummy! Good for her for doing it all by herself! I bet that was a "proud mommy" moment! :)

Maja @Freebiemom said...

Yumm, they do look good:)
Maja

Karen M. Peterson said...

Those do look yummy!

Good for your daughter for launching into this herself.

And thank you for visiting my blog today!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great idea for the kids. Your daughter looks too cute and so happy making the cookies.

Horse Filled Days said...

She did a great job....they are all the same size, and it looks like she cooked them just the right amount of time, nice and golden brown on the bottom...I think I will try them, I love cinnamon!

http://horsefilleddays.blogspot.com/

Deciduous Heather said...

YUM, They do look good! I think it is time for a snack~lol.

Kathy said...

They look wonderful and I love teachers that actually teach life lessons. That's awesome!

Veronica Lee said...

Yummy!! They look really good!!

KK said...

They look yummy!

Helene said...

Those look delicious! Good for her on a job well done!

BeadedTail said...

Those look yummy! Very much like snickerdoodles which are my favorite!

A.Marie said...

Those cookies look delicious!! The picture of your daughter is precious...she is just beautiful and she looks like she is having fun!

Liz Mays said...

Oh MAN those look good!

Janie said...

Mmm. Looks like a great recipe.

Unknown said...

What a great job you all did!! They look yummy.

Cynthia

Sonya Ann said...

I hope you don't mind but I'm going to save this one for the "gotta try"!

Lourie said...

Good for her!! I remember making muffins in class once, but never had an assignment to make something at home. That is cool. And yes, they do look very yummy.

Jamie said...

Oooo they look so good!

Angie said...

How long are you baking them? They look very yummy!