Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ice & Sledding Pictures

We have had 2 days of wintery weather in our area.
This is unusual for us. My kids have been rather excited.
I have to admit, I have too. I love snow, it is so beautiful
and clean. This weekend however, we have had more freezing
rain and ice than snow. People in our community are dealing
with downed power lines, no power, and damage from
fallen tree limbs. We have been lucky so far.
We went out this morning so the girls could go sledding.
While we were out I snapped several ice pictures.

Can you see the beautiful, but heavy ice? This pine tree has
lost several limbs due to the weight of the snow.
The girls are bundled in several layers to try and stay warm.


Sledding is lots of fun, and lots of work.


Going down is the easy (and scary) part.




The climb back up is the hard part.


Another shot of ice covered branches.




Snow fall this morning!!


We have had lots of fun today.
I will try and get back to posting deals ASAP.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

13 comments:

Janie said...

Your girls are beautiful, and they seem to enjoy playing in the wintry weather.
Ice on trees is beautiful, but the weight is hard on them. Hope you don't lose more limbs.

Susie said...

That looks like GREAT winter fun:-)

Stacie said...

Looks like a lot of winter fun! I love the pictures of the ice on the trees. It looks so pretty!

Kathy said...

Great pictures and what a gorgeous family you have! We use to have a ball sledding when the kids were little. I have some wonderful memories....and so will you!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow---you have 3 gorgeous daughters.. What are their ages??? I raised 3 sons (who are now 46,40 and 38)... Yipes!!!!

We had lots more snow; however, we had an inch of ICE AFTER it snowed. Very dangerous.

Thanks for posting these pictures. I loved them...
Hugs,
Betsy

xinex said...

I am glad you can find something fun to do with the kids in this cold weather. Great pics!..Christine

Parsley said...

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. I really enjoyed stopping by yours. Hope to hear from you again and often. Blessings.

Horse Filled Days said...

Those pictures of the ice are beautiful, but it sure can do a lot of damage. We had about 5 inches of snow here in TN, which is a lot for us, but we dodged the ice, thank goodness. Looks like the girls had a ball sledding!

http://horsefilleddays.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

It's interesting that something so beautiful could be so damaging. But, I'm glad you guys had such fun in the snow!

~Mo~ said...

you make me miss living in the mountains. I remember in the middle of the night when it would start snowing, it would get so quiet outside, and then in the morning, it was extra bright out, from all the white snow, and then it would melt and we would have red clay mud!!

Lourie said...

I am going to guess you don't live where we did in VA, besides who could tell when it is covered with snow. But I have to say...it looks a lot like where we used to live. weird.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like fun. I just love the look of an ice storm, great pictures. They are the most dangerous so stay safe!

Tammy@InStitches said...

Such pretty pictures, we had snow here too. Thanks for stopping by !