Sunday, February 14, 2010

CVS $5 Challange & Deal Picture

I am working hard to participate in the CVS $5 Challenge
when I can just to see how far I can make my $5 go.
This week I started without any ECB's.
*****
Pictured below you can see what all I purchased.....
Transaction #1
Dove Chocolate Bar $.50
Used $2 Dove coupon from the coupon machine.
Crest Mouthwash $3.50
Used $2 coupon from 2-7 insert.
Total OOP $0
Received $3.50 ECB
******
Transaction #2
2 Orbit Mist 3 pk packages 2/$5
Used 2 $1 printables here
Aussie shampoo $2.99
Used $1 coupon from 2-14 insert
Used $3.50 ECB from #1
Total OOP $1.49
Received $2 ECB
******
Transaction #3
Colgate Toothpaste $2.99
Used 1 $.75 Coupon
Used $2 ECB from #2
Total OOP $.24
Received $2 ECB
******
Transaction #4
Covergirl Power $6
Covergirl Base $6
Used the B1G1 Free Covergirl coupon 2-7 insert
Used the $1 from the 2-7 insert
Used the $2 ECB from #3
Total OOP $3
Received $5 ECB
******
Final total spent $4.71
Left with $5 ECB
Total Saved $31.04!!!
I did these transactions all in one trip.
My store was not very busy at the time
but I always step aside if there is anyone
else in line.


6 comments:

Amy said...

Wow that is amazing.. Thanks for sharing.. Happy Valentine's day..

Anonymous said...

Why all the separate transactions?

Tiffany said...

Coming over from Kingdom First Mom's $5 challenge! Great work, I'm excited about going there this week! A lot of good stuff we need. Do you also shop @ Walgreens, I haven't checked yet!?

Together We Save said...

I do the separate transactions to keep my out of pocket at a minium.

Anonymous said...

I'm new to this - please explain how the 1 SOBE BOGO coupon makes the CVS SOBE BOGO sale mean 2 free SOBEs....

Together We Save said...

Ok so Sobe is on sale Buy One Get One free and you have have a B1G1 free coupon. Lets say for example Sobe is $1. Cashier rings up 2 at $1 each, then she will take off $1 for the coupon and the register will take off $1 for the sale make both free.