Monday, April 26, 2010

Eyeglasses... where do you get them?

I think I've mentioned to you in a blog post before that I wear eyeglasses when I work at the computer. My prescription isn't really that high and I thought I could get away with using a pair of non-prescription reading glasses – but no such luck, my eyes are very different.
~
I decided to opt for a pair of prescription glasses. I purchased my glasses at a very popular discount store's “eye care center” I was pleased with the service. It took quite awhile to choose a frame. I had prescription coverage so I was determined not to go over on the price. I only planned on using the glasses for reading and sitting at my computer - so who's really going to see me - right? I picked the one and only pair of frames that suited my face and my budget. After a few minutes the order was placed and I was told it would be about a week and my glasses would be ready.
~
I waited the week and didn't hear anything from them. So I called - they checked and I was told that my glasses had not arrived yet. It would probably be another day or so and then was told "we will call when they arrive -- no need for you to call us". Another week goes by, and I still didn't hear from them. I called again to ask about my glasses and I am told they arrived a week ago. I was very frustrated at this point. The "eye care center" was in a nearby town and had limited hours so I had to make plans to pick up my glasses. It would have been wonderful if the employees had been a little more considerate.
~
I went to pick them up, after waiting for almost half an hour I was finally served. They brought me my new prescription glasses, I tried them, they fit great ... home I went. Finally I didn't have to squint to see my computer screen, read a novel or even the instructions on packages - all was good! So do you wear glasses? Where do you get them?

This is a true story but I was compensated for writing this post.

6 comments:

Lourie said...

My sister went through almost the exact same thing as you. It was crazy. I got my most recent pair from Lens Crafters. It was a bit pricey as my insurance covers only the exam, but oh so worth it. I was going bonkers not being able to read things. Ugh! I am teetering on the edge of bi-focals. Getting older sucks.

Fuschia said...

I am unbelievably in need of glasses. I keep hoping for some kind of sale/coupon that will get me an exam and a pair of glasses for...oh, I don't know..maybe free? ;)

Candi said...

My husband wears glasses and we've been purchasing his from Zenni Optical over the past 3 years or so. You can read more about it on these posts:

http://familystampingfood.blogspot.com/search/label/Zenni%20Optical

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I've gotten nice glasses at Cost.co.

Sunglass Display said...

This is really interesting take on the concept. I never thought of it that way. I came across this site recently which I think will be of great use http://apepperdesigns.com/ . Have a look!

Anonymous said...

i am a voluntary illustrator, possibly you'd like to use some of my pics? i think it would be cool for your blog :-)
totally like your site structure! send me a mail please in case you want to colaborate