Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Something is growing in the back yard.... we hope!

Guess what we did this past weekend?
You guessed it... we planted a small garden.

My youngest really pushed us to grow one..... she loves
working outside with something on her own.


So we picked out a small section and cleared it off.
Then made a small frame with round timbers.
Who would have thought no store in our little burg
would sell landscaping timbers.


So my daughter planted 3 tomato plants, 1 squash plant,
1 cucumber plant, and a row of green beans.



All planted and surrounded by chicken wire
(hoping that will keep out the neighborhood cats).
A few days later it is still looking pretty good.
Can't seem to keep the birds out.... hoping
the pin wheel will help.
PS I promised my oldest daughter I would mention
she was out side helping... she was making the pictures.


9 comments:

KK said...

Awesome, running outside to see what has popped up that I planted is my greatest joy each day :)

Heather said...

I'm so impressed! Pass a little of your garden luck my way, please. :)

Connie said...

Your garden looks great! I hope it does well for you. :-)

Judy said...

It's wonderful to have a garden, but we have a dog. I've thought about planting some tomatoes in big pots in the front yard. I hope your garden does well. It's nice to have a family project.

JC said...

Good deal. I'm proud of your youngest. Put a rubber snake in the garden to keep out birds. She (youngest daughter) will need to move the snake around every few days. Birds are smarter than one would think. I look forward to seeing the fruits of her labor. As for the oldest daughter, pictures are very important and we all have our part to play. Thanks for sharing this info with you readers.

Susie said...

Gardening with your family is so fun!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Looks wonderful. I wish you great success. I've never had a garden.

Liz Mays said...

You're kinda making me want to do that!!!

Chatty Crone said...

Your garden looks great and you had a lot of nice help!

sandie♥