Tuesday, May 18, 2010

So.... what has been going on??

Wow we have had lots going on the last couple of weeks.
Once you have kids in high school you have a lot going
on all the time. Here are a few highlights.....
My oldest was invited to prom.
It is tough to go with a boy you are just kinda friends
with, conversation can lag, plans are not clear,
but in the end you try and make sure
everyone has a good time.

The group headed out to make lots and lots of pictures.
Here is oldest daughter in her perfectly fitting borrowed dress.
The group together at high school. The decorations were
beautiful. This year's theme was "The Plaza" and I am always
amazed at how much can be done with high school gym!

My daughter and her date.

*******
My youngest daughter's class came up with a skit
for their talent show



I know the pictures are not clear... I wish
I could show just how funny this skit was.
They divided the kids into 4 groups,
50's, 60's, 70's, 80's.
Youngest daughter was in the 60's group.




It was great.... I am working on getting a video.











On the way to the ball game
Monday night wedrove through lots
of rain. Youngestdaughter was able to
make some great pictures.


********



And now we get to the ball game!!
Last week we traveled out of town for
our District games. We ended up second!!

Oldest daughter looking to steal.


Middle daughter waiting on the pitch.


Middle daughter catching!

We lost the region game and now the high school season is over.
I have to say.... I am glad we are finished playing games that are
2 hours away and starting at 7:00. Getting home at
10:30 or 11 and getting up for work and school is just hard after
a few days. I feel so blessed to have such amazing
children. They work so hard with all their activities.
They always give 100 percent.

21 comments:

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

I love your family update posts. it looks like it was a great week!!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Congrats on your daughter's great softball season. Your girls are stunning, both in their sports gear and all dressed up.
Thank you also for all these great bargain links, wow, I'm following now. Thank you again.

Ginny Hartzler said...

How DO you have time to keep up with all your info on this blog?? I do really like to see some of your own life on this blog, along with the savings thing, wish you would show us more. Your daughter is just a knockout in that georgous gown!! She is beautiful! How very proud you should be of your children!!!

Cari said...

Looks like you had a great week!! Hope this one is going just as well, and a little more relaxing!

Liz Mays said...

You must be on the go all the time with all those activities!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

ok softball makes me nervous. i see i have turned into my mother...she used to hide behind poles while watching us play sports

as for ur daughter ...she looked gorgeous! the dress looked like it was made for her

Debbie said...

It is a fun and busy time. Your daughter looked gorgeous at the prom. Good for her for borrowing a dress!

Busy Bee Suz said...

LOVE the prom dress. SO pretty.
Congrats on the good softball season. I too was happy when our season was over..but now we are onto travel season which is every weekend! It never ends. :)

Sonya Ann said...

WOW, your kids are beautiful and talented!
And I know how crazy it is! Today is Anna's last day of school. She will officially be out by 11:25 and free of the public school system forever. Or at least, that is what she said!
I'm a little worried what this summer will bring!

~~Mel~~ said...

Your girls are all so gorgeous! I love your oldest daughter's dress (even if it was borrowed) it fit perfect!

Susie said...

She is breathtaking!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/05/jingles-may-follower-award-week-3.html

thank you for stopping by my blog,
I truly love this post,
full of love, actions, and fun!

Tiz said...

Precious Family!!!
You have go to be tired...a good tired.

The Random Blogette said...

Wow! Your kids are beautiful.

Lourie said...

I have noticed as my kids have gotten older there is more and more to do.

prom pics are gorgeous.

Connie said...

This seems to be a really busy time of year everywhere! Your daughter looks beautiful in her prom dress. And sounds like you've had a fun and entertaining week with the skit and baseball going on too!

Cindy Lou Who said...

Great Pics! We too travel for Baseball and late games on school/work nights is very hard! Especially when yu have younger ones who need to sleep and fall asleep at the game and we get to carry them to the car. Yikes! We play until the middle of June.

Candi said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Wow, you are a busy bee! Your daughters are gorgeous :) Have a great day.

Unknown said...

You have been busy! Your kids are so good looking! Your oldest daughter looks absolutely stunning! I love her dress!!

Claudya Martinez said...

Busy, busy, busy! Your oldest looks stunning.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Your daughter looked just beautiful!