Wednesday, September 29, 2010

....A Break for an Important Message


As some of you know, I love reading and visiting blogs. One I have enjoyed
reading for a long time The Chrysalis Stage. She has a post today that really has touched my heart.



She is participating in this blog carnival:
-
“The world I want for my children” is an effort to support The Joyful Heart Foundation, which was founded by Law & Order: SVU actress Mariska Hargitay to help victims of sexual assault mend their minds, bodies and spirits and reclaim their lives. Today, the foundation is at the forefront of an effort to end a disheartening backlog of tens of thousands of rape kits in labs across the country, a backlog that contributes to a rapist’s 80 percent chance of getting away with his crime. The backlog and its detrimental effects will be the topic of an SVU episode on September 29th.
-
Please help us raise awareness for this important work. What kind of world do you want for your children? Write your post and link up here.
-
Please take a moment to stop by and show her some suppert and link up
the the blog carnival if you so choose.
-

1 comment:

Lori said...

Thank you so much for sharing this with us...I did go visit her blog and read the post...I couldn't help but cry. XX