Thursday, September 16, 2010

Free Pringles Illegitimate Facebook Offer??

I read over at Hip2Save that the Pringles Facebook offer might be Illegitimate. If you are concerned about protecting your privacy here is what you need to do.
Log into your Facebook Account
Click on Account (top right corner)
Click on Application Settings
Scroll down the list and find “Pringles Extreme”; click on the “x” to permanently remove it from the application page; be sure to hit the “remove” button and the “okay” button. Pringles Extreme will no longer have access to your data and will be removed from your profile and bookmarks.

She writes about how concerned she is about legitimate companies and I can't tell you just how much this worries me to. I work hard to find new sample offers and freebies on a daily basis. Unfortunately, I am human and I can get caught up in the excitement surrounding offers… with Facebook offers, especially, there is always a sort of urgency to hurry and post the offer before it has expired as freebies are usually limited to a small number of people. So as I have said I am not sure this offer was illegitimate but I did want to make you aware of what I have read.