Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Keep Me in Your Prayers

I have started this post and stopped writing this post several times today.... I am just a little out of sorts.

A young man I know was killed last night. Police say it was drug related.

Now, when I say I know him, please don't misunderstand. He went to the same elementary school as my children and was one grade older. Then after he started high school he attended school in the next county over. He was a pretty good ball player so I, like most in our small town, kept up with his success.

Friday night at the football game, I saw him, spoke in passing, and went on.

Then this morning my girls tell me they read about his death on Facebook. It just makes me so sad. He had a hard life from what I understand, but he had some wonderful teachers and mentors when he was in school with my girls.

Same age as my kids and killed just a couple of miles from my home. Makes me sad and a little scared. Hug your kids today, remind them they are loved, and maybe reach out just a little more often to those you know are struggling.

I know I usually just post awesome deals and a few light-hearted family pictures but this tragedy has been heavy on my heart today.

Thanks for listening.

Denise

17 comments:

stefanie said...

that is terrible!!! everyday there is something to bring us down...but I will definitly hug my children...take care!

Unknown said...

Denise,
I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking of you and your family. Prayers that time heals your heavy heart. These tragedies can be so hard.


Nancy

He & Me + 3 said...

That is extremely sad. I will say a prayer for you.

Amanda said...

When you hear of things like this happening to anybody let alone somebody you knew it definitely leaves a mark on your heart. It's so heartbreaking that his life was cut so short when it sounds like he had so much going for him.

I will keep you and everyone effected in my prayers for peace.

Connie said...

Hugs to you, Denise and prayers going up here. I'm so sorry to hear this news.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is very sad news. Keeping you in my prayers along with his family. ((HUGS))

Miss Debbie said...

What a tragedy. I pray that God will comfort this family and you.

Liz Mays said...

What terribly distressing news. I am very sorry that happened and I will pray.

Anonymous said...

So sorry for his family and all family. Such a young life with talent. I pray for him and you.

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry! What a tragic loss.

Prayers!

Karen said...

How very sad...I will remember the family in prayer....

Lori said...

So very sad. I am sorry that this has happened. You are so right about holding our loved ones close because we never know. Sending hugs and prayers your way. XX

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I am so, so sorry for this tragedy. I send my sincere sympathy. Thinking of you all.

tabi said...

i know how you feel. i knew the shooter and am still shocked at how close this was to our homes! both families need lots of prayer and there are lots of kids in our town truly hurting due to this tragedy.

Cindy Lou Who said...

Oh that is so hard to hear. So much potential lost. He will live on in your thoughts. Prayers!

homeschool101 said...

Saying prayers for you and the families. Thank for sharing. Such a horrible tragedy. :(

Tiz said...

Denise, I am so very sorry. This young man was truly blessed to have you a part of his short life.