Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Walk to Remember

This morning I was blessed with the chance to walk
in the Alzheimer's Memory Walk.
About a year and a half ago my mother-in-law lost
her fight with horrible disease.


Today I walked to remember her life
and I walked to honor her caregivers.
There was a pretty good crowd this morning.

The organizers did a wonderful job and even had
a local family band for entertainment.
****
I would appreciate it if you would....
Tell Congress to move Alzheimer research
toward a breakthrough.
You can sign the petition here.
You can make a donation here.
****
Thank you for your support!

3 comments:

myletterstoemily said...

i'm terribly sorry about your mother
in law. it's a cruel disease that
punishes the family horribly.

i signed the petition adn will talk
with my husband about donating.

even though this made me sad for
you, i loved a tiny glimpse into your
life.

blessings,
lea

Connie said...

Thank you for making the walk, Denise. My father suffered from this as well.

Jane said...

I am sorry for the loss of your mother in law. What a great way to remember her!

Jane