Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Prom Dresses

If you have been reading my blog for awhile you know I have 3 girls. Last year 2 of my 3 girls went to prom. We shopped and shopped for the perfect Prom dress. I don’t think I would be exaggerating if I said those girls tried on 100 dresses between the 2 of them. Store after store we took in pile of dresses for the girls to try on. They both wanted long dresses, something that would look good when they walked the promenade.

My middle daughter went to the prom with one of the foreign exchange students from our school. When he came he had fit right in with the girls group of friends so when he asked her it was perfect. She could go to prom with all her friends and my oldest (she was a senior) was already going. She also went with a guy from her group. They have been friends for a long time. They both looked beautiful; the middle daughter in a shimmery brown-black-grey dress and the oldest wore a white dress with a black lace band around her waist.

And….. What is really funny is my youngest daughter needed a dress for her Spring Fling about the same time. She wanted a short dress. She tried on 2 dresses and then decided to buy the first one she tried on. She had looked and looked at dresses on the internet so she had a good idea of what she wanted. She also found Promgirl on Facebook which runs a Free Dress Giveaway once a month. If you are in the market for a Formal Dress of any kind I would recommend that you register for the free giveaway. One really good thing about the dress she picked is that it could be worn again for another formal/nice event.

Now this year my middle daughter is already talking, thinking, and looking for Formal dresses for winter formal and a dress for prom. The youngest is already thinking about what style dress she wants for Spring Fling.

I believe again this year my middle daughter will pick a short dress for Winter Formal and a long dress for Prom. I am not sure if my youngest will want another short dress for Spring Fling or if the 8th graders wear long dresses. Either way we will be doing lots of looking, shopping, and trying on.

The Prom theme this year is “A Night of Dreams” or something of that nature. I know they want to come out the doors of Cinderella’s castle and then walk the promenade. It will be a wonderful evening and I am excited about the theme they have selected.

I don’t think the Spring Fling at the middle school has a theme. I believe kids that age are still just happy to be able to attend a dance and have a good time with their friends.

2 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness - this must cost your a bundle with 3 girls! lol sandie

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Chatty pretty much said what I was going to say!