Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It's Homecoming Week 2012

If you have followed my blog for long you probably realize we do school traditions big in our town. Saturday started homecoming week for our high school. My youngest is a freshman this year.  We missed the first day of float building, youngest daughter had a show and middle daughter played her first college games!!

 This is our float on Monday afternoon. Amazing how quickly building gets started.
Our theme is "Blow 'em Out Cats", Our plan is for a giant cake with a wild cat on top blowing out a candle of a smaller cake.
 Middle daughter and a couple of her friends working on letters.
 Hot gluing styrofoam for the candles.
 The Sophomore float "Sink 'em Cats", I believe is their theme. The plan is for the boat to split apart like the Titanic.
The senior float "Tank 'em Cats". They a building a giant tank around a truck.
I will post more progress pictures for a couple of days so you can see how they turn out. I have tried to pull together a few past float pictures here

2 comments:

Connie said...

Great pictures! Isn't it amazing what they can accomplish together in such a short time. I hope your daughter has a great time for homecoming week. :)

Debbie Jones said...

Hi, I am your newest follower. Great deals! I am off to get my free cookies this afternoon! Thanks so much. Looking forward to more posts and savings.