Friday, January 31, 2014

An Honor and a Privledge


I don't post much personal stuff anymore. With 2 kids in college and 1 at home I don't want to seem one sided and I guess I have gotten out of the habit. But today, I have something to share.
My husband's uncle passed away last Saturday night in Michigan. His sons began the process of planning a service there and here in Tennessee where he is from. His service is today. The family arrived yesterday. Last night it was my honor to prepare the flag to be used for his service.
I was raised in a conservative christian home and I like to think I am a good American but last night when I was ironing this flag I was overwhelmed. I could feel the importance of what our flag really means.
We all need to take a moment to say thank you to everyone who serves or has served our country.
Uncle Buddy leaves behind an amazing family that we love very much and he will be greatly missed.



1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So sorry for the loss in your family. Keeping all of you in my prayers. ((HUGS)) You being overwhelmed when ironing the flag brought tears to my eyes.