Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Cheerios: Smart About Diabetes

Are you a fan of the yellow box? I don't mind admitting I really am. When I was growing up my dad always ate Cheerios with sliced banannas. I never developed the tasted for the sliced bananna but I sure did the Cheerios. He always said, "They are good for you!" (I kinda figured he just did not want me to eat the typical sugary kids cereals) but now I know they really are.....
"Cheerios can be a partner in taking care of yourself. You probably already know about the heart healthy benefits of Cheerios, but did you know that Cheerios also…
Contains beta-glucan, which can help to lower cholesterol*** 
Is a 1 Carb Choice product 
Has just 1 Gram of Sugar 
Has 100% Whole Grain Oats as the first ingredient"
***Three grams of soluble fiber daily from whole grain oat foods, like Cheerios cereal, in a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease. Cheerios cereal provides 1 gram per serving.
So I always keep a yellow box of Cheerios around not only because I enjoy eating them but because they remind me of having breakfast with my dad.
“Disclosure: The information and prize pack have been provided by General Mills through Platefull Co-Op.”

2 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I didn't know, but I'm definitely going to start eating it!!!

Together We Save said...

That is great!! I am glad you are going to try them