Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Walgreens Basics



This is what I got from Walgreens today. I am posting such a small purchase to help a few friends who are just getting started.

As you can see I bought 5 items, it went like this....

Fructis Shampoo sale price $2.99 - $1.00 mfg coupon - $2.00 ES coupon = free

Johnson & Johnson Lotion $.99 - $1.00 mfg coupon = free

3 pkgs Orbit gum on sale 3 for $1.99 - $.99 off 3 coupon from ad = $1.00
So I was OOP $1.58.
So a couple of things to notice, first look at the size of the lotion. No size limit was listed on the coupon so I could get the small size which sells for $.99 and get it free. The second thing is at our Walgreens number of coupons can not be more than number of items so I always look for a cheap extra item to fill in. This is why I always have to pay something.

2 comments:

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Hey there, big saver. Well done! You scored so many free items. I just wish I had your same talent for savings!

I guess I am just going to have to read your blog more often and learn from a pro. :)

-Francesca

Frugal Sara said...

Great job!