Monday, June 8, 2009

Yard Sale Update

I mentioned last week that I was taking a few days off to prepare for a yard sale. It was a great success.

We had great weather and a couple of neighbors had one too so that helped have more traffic. Got rid of most everything and a junk dealer even came and purchased everything I had left and boxed it up and hauled it off. That was wonderful!

As for the selling of some stockpile items, it was a great idea, I really felt like I helped a couple of families out. They commented how happy they were I would sale off some items this way.

So that made me smile.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that's so great you had such a huge success with your yard sale. We're having one this coming Saturday and I at least hope the weather is nice! Whatever we have left over goes to Good Will or Salvation Army.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment. This is the time to be looking for deals. Things could get even tougher. I will keep you in mind when I run across deals.
Blessings to you and your family
QMM

Felicia said...

We have definitely got to look into a yard sale! Great way to make some cash!

Judy said...

I enjoy yard sales. We went in with several friends and sold things. We even bought each other's stuff. It's a good way to get rid of stuff you don't need and get something you do need. Glad you had such success.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I love yard sales, now, I am finding such good deals and it is necessary to make it.
Great Post.
Thanks
Kim

Frances said...

I am so glad your sale was such a success. I know that your customers were thrilled at the deals they got!

Veronica Lee said...

I'm glad to know your yard sale was a success.

Banteringblonde said...

I had my first yard sale a few years ago .. it shocked me how well it went!

~~Mel~~ said...

I'm glad everything went well!