Friday, June 11, 2010

Family Update

So I have a few pictures to share with everyone, and just share a little of what has been going on......

My middle daughter has been playing in a ball tournament since Wednesday. It is a college exposure tournament. We have never done anything like this before. I have stayed home to work and be here with my oldest while she is babysitting. It is tough to not be able to see my daughter play. This is what she loves and I wish I was sharing it with her.

Here are a couple of pictures of our lillies. My whole flower box was filled with them and last year I did not have any come up and this year I have 1 cluster of blooms. It is my favorite flower by far.

My angle is not good I know but the flower planter is tall so I was reaching over my head to get the shots... They are a red-orange in color and very pretty.

I have often mentioned that youngest daughter has a love of horses. Well this week she attended the Jr High Academic Conference with the 4H. She logged lots of hours volunteering filled out tons of paper work for the chance to go. It took over a month to find out if the was in.... and good news she was!!

7:00 am Tuesday morning we met the other 5 kids from our county who were selected to attend. They traveled in this van to Nashville to meet the charter bus! She had a wonderful, busy time. She learned so much and has not stopped talking since she got home.



She came home, we unloaded her suitcases, and she headed to her garden. As you can see.... she has quite a harvest! It is wonderful for her first garden and we are looking forward to more.

Don't you just love this cheesy face!?! I wanted a shot of the shirt and she was happy to indulge me.
Tomorrow oldest daughter takes the ACT and is heading to her softball tournament alone. Pray for a good score and safe drive. I have very rarely sent one to a tourney alone and never let one drive alone.



9 comments:

Joyce said...

I love how we are able to keep up with each other, even when I have not seen you in a while. This post was great. Summer is so busy. I especially like the garden picture. I miss having a garden...my youngest would enjoy it. You have three awesome girls.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Denise, It's hard to have 3 active kids ---and try to be there for all three, isn't it? I'm sure that your daughters know that you are with them in spirit...I'm sure they'll do great at their tournaments.

That was a neat trip that your youngest got to go on. 4H is such a neat program ---and I know that she had a wonderful trip... Love her shirt!!!!!

Your lilies are beautiful... Did you see my blog today? I think we have the same lilies that you do... IF so, it's name is jUANITA.

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

He & Me + 3 said...

I hope that our garden grows like that. Wow. I hope your middle daughter gets lots of exposure. That is so cool.

Lourie said...

i had those lillies for years at my house in VA. i only just learned what they were a couple of days ago. they are so pretty.

Don't you just love it when the kids 'cheese" for the camera.

Sherrie said...

Good for her for getting a garden harvest! The harvest looks great, and so do the lilies! :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like your girls are real go getters, that is so awesome. I see that cheesy smile all the time on blogs. Blogging mean pictures and I am sure they get tired of it!

Connie said...

Denise, I always enjoy reading the updates on your family. I hope the drive and the tourney went well for your daughter. It is scary when they first start driving places by themselves.

The garden produce looks great and your lilies are beautiful.

Tiz said...

Beautiful daughter, beautiful lily, beautiful veggies!!!

discoveringthemeinmommy said...

what an awesome opportunity!

new follower!